How is your personal data used?
All personal data are processed exclusively for pharmacovigilance purposes and only where relevant and appropriate to document, assess and report your adverse event properly in accordance with our legal obligations. As Grand Pharm Company is obliged to take detailed records of every adverse event reported to us, for us to be able to evaluate and compare with other adverse events recorded about the product, we need to process necessary personal data. The personal data that we collect and process about you may include:
• patient name and/or initials • date of birth and age
• details of the product causing the reaction, including the dosage you have been taking or were prescribed, the reason you have been taking or were prescribed the product, and any subsequent change to your usual regimen
• details of other medicines or remedies you are taking or were taking at the time of the reaction, including the dosage you have been taking or were prescribed, the period of time you were taking that medicine, the reason you have been taking that medicine, and any subsequent change to your regimen
• details of the adverse event you suffered, the treatment you received for that event, and any long‐ term effects the event has caused to your health
• another medical history, including documents such as lab reports, medication history, and patient history
Some of this information may be considered sensitive personal data. This includes any information that tells us about your, health, ethnicity, religion, or sexual life. Grand Pharm Company is legally required to ensure that adverse events are traceable and available for follow-up. Therefore, we both collect personal data about the person who is subject to an adverse event report, as well as the person or third party making the report. The personal data that we collect and process about you when you make a report may include:
• contact details, such as your address, email, or phone number
• profession (this information may determine the questions you are asked about an adverse event, depending on your assumed level of medical knowledge); and
• relationship with the subject of the report
Legal basis for processing your personal data
The legal basis for the processing of your personal data, as described in this policy, is Grand Pharm Company's legal obligation to comply with applicable pharmacovigilance laws.
Keeping your personal data secure
Grand Pharm Company has taken appropriate technical and organizational measures to ensure that the data are protected against destruction through accident, against any modification, unauthorized circulation of or unauthorized access to the data, as well as any other kind of unauthorized processing of the data.
How we share your personal data
We are also obligated to submit the data to the national competent health authorities, including competent health authorities' databases for managing and analyzing information on suspected adverse reactions. Additionally, your personal data may be disclosed to a third party if we are required to do so because of an applicable law, court order, or governmental regulation, or if such disclosure is otherwise necessary for the support of any criminal or other legal investigation or proceeding here or abroad.
Transfers of your personal data outside Palestine
Some recipients of personal data as stated above may reside outside Palestine. In case of such a transfer, Grand Pharm Company will take appropriate measures to keep your information secure. You may contact us, see contact details below if you have any questions about the measures used to safeguard your personal data transferred outside.
Retention period of your personal data
We will use and store your personal data in accordance with legal requirements governing the storage and reporting of pharmacovigilance-related information. Such requirements oblige us to store the information for at least ten years after the end of the expiration of the marketing authorization or longer if required by national legislation.
You are entitled to receive information about how Grand Pharm Company processes your personal data, as well as to request a copy of your data if you would like to know what personal data, we process about you. You may also request Grand Pharm Company to complete or correct any inaccurate personal data held about you or to correct or delete any personal data that is erroneous, unnecessary, or incomplete, or to request Grand Pharm Company to restrict the processing of your personal data. You can make such a request by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org